Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Cane- Suck It, CBS

-------------------------------I feel pretty

I HATE Cane. This was by far my least favourite pilot for the new season. Congratulations Cane, you beat the likes of The Big Bang Theory, Big Shots, Life is Wild, and even Viva Laughlin.
Here is why this show makes me so very angry. Unlike the other shows up there, Cane wasn’t so bad that I could look over at my screening companion and actively laugh at it. It was profoundly boring, the cast was full of generic actors that networks cast when they want hot Hispanics, and the whole thing just seemed to be pandering and trying to be a beacon of multiculturalism on network TV. CBS has created, with no exaggeration, a telenovela. It’s not even original to make a telenovela with higher production values because after the demise of the WB and UPN last year a channel called My Network TV came out and did the same exact thing. I’m guessing the budgets at CBS are higher; but I think ultimately it’ll look about the same. I saw some online ad banners and didn’t know they were for Cane at first. Even the banners look more appropriate for a daytime soap.
Nestor Carbonell has some pretty epic guyliner in the pilot. That’s the only thing worth seeing in this whole sorry mess. I have sampled it for you above so you don’t have to suffer through the pilot. Let us never speak of this show again, under any circumstances.

Verdict: It’s the only show on the Big 4 centered around people of colour. CBS wouldn’t dare cancel this. The question is, who is the audience? There are major reasons why every target demo I can think of wouldn’t be at all interested in this show. Given how much I hate it, I think it’ll be the highest rated new drama.

Would I Watch It? I won’t even dignify that with a response.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home