Saturday, October 13, 2007

Thursday Night Reviews

UGLY BETTY & GREY'S ANATOMY- I had to catch up with these shows because I didn't watch them last week. After 4 hours of ABC Thursday night programming in a row, I don't remember much. Maybe I have to care about the characters on these shows, which I don't. Let' just move on.

IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA- The only complaint I have is that we only got 1 episode of Sunny. This week: Sweet Dee's dating a Retarded Person. That storyline is good. Better: the guys try to start a band. I think we all know how that would end up. Expect clips.


ER-Snooze. I feel like ER is recycling its own medical mysteries and doctor personal life dramas. I will continue to watch this out of loyalty, I just won't be reviewing it anymore unless something exciting happens. Here's some footage of John Stamos "allegedly" drunk/high and definitely bitter and too honest on Australian TV:
LINK

DEGRASSI- Ok, so I have no idea when this season premiere actually aired (I'm guessing last Friday); but I found it on my TiVo with Thursday's shows. I've loved Degrassi since the original Degrassi High. There's something about a show where a group of 10 kids can experience every plight in the teenage pantheon that just appeals to me. On the original show there was a kid who found out he was adopted, almost got raped hitchhiking to see his birth father, both his parents were killed, had random learning disabilities, and eventually drove drunk and killed someone. I think he ended up paralyzed and in prison. Good times. The installment I watched on Thursday was the seventh season premiere. In an effort to cash in as much as possible, the makers of the show decided to divide the kids' senior year into 2 seasons, so we're starting with the first day of their winter semester. I guess they're running low on teen cautionary tales because we get another date rape storyline here. This one being different from the one a few years back because this girl was rufied and the last one was just held down and raped. We don't find out who did the raping in this episode; but I have a theory:

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home